I can't wait to sit on the beach or by the pool to read this summer! I plan to read 3 cookbooks this summer, as well as a book on teaching math to kindergarteners and some cooking magazines.
What is your summer reading plan? Post a comment below and tell me (and all of your friends from class) what books you are reading this summer. You can also ask me a question or tell me about your favorite part in a book. I hope to hear from you soon!
**If you post as "anonymous" make sure to sign your comment with your name at the bottom!**
Love, Ms. Durant
Ms. Durant:
ReplyDeleteI'm going to do the library reading club and so is my sister Meghan. I am excited about reading the Magic Treehouse Books with Mama and Daddy and reading more books on my own and figuring out the words.
Kyla
Kyla-
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! You are our very first blogger. I can't wait to hear about the Magic Treehouse books that you read. Will you start with book #5, since we did not finish it in class? Have fun.
Today I read Library Lion.I loved it!Quinn
ReplyDeleteQuinn,
ReplyDeleteWhat was your favorite part in Library Lion? Did it remind you of any books we read this year in class? I hope you're enjoying your first week of summer!
Hi Ms. Durant. I am going to read for 25 minutes! I am reading a Star Wars lego visual dictionary book right now and I love it.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Griffin
Griffin,
ReplyDelete25 minutes? WOW! You must remember our Independent Reading Stamina chart: 25 minutes was one of our 1st grade goals. What is your favorite dictionary page so far? Why? Hope to hear from you again soon!
I've been reading Hello Kitty books. They are my favorite because I like kittens. I also want to read about princesses and horses.
ReplyDeleteElena
Elena,
ReplyDeleteI did not know that they make Hello Kitty books- how fun! I have been reading a lot too. Every Tuesday and Thursday I make sure to set time aside to read. I hope you are enjoying your summer. Keep posting!
Hi Ms Durant, I can't wait to read because I want to really read at my first grade. My favorite books are called Monkey with a Tool Belt and the Noisy Problem and Extreme Weather Tornadoes. I miss my library class and you. And everyone at Gregory Heights.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Chance
Chance, How great it is to hear from you. I am happy to hear that you are enjoying your favorite books over the summer. What is the Noisy Problem about? I have not read that book! What is your favorite part? I miss you too, but loved seeing you at the pool! Come visit me next year and keep up the great reading!
ReplyDeleteHi Ms. Durant!
ReplyDeleteI've read lots of books this summer, maybe 12. I wrote them all down for my library contest. My favorite was Just a Little Homework. My Mom is reading Ivy + Bean to me and my sisters they are the best.
Love Sarah
Hi Ms.Durant
ReplyDeleteHow are you?
I am having a great summer.
I can't wait to tell you.
I have read my F-I-R-S-T book ever!!!! The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I love it! I think I will finish before school starts. That book is 180 pages. I miss you, Zsanett.
Zsanett,
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to hear from you and even more exciting to hear you have found a great new book! I can't wait to hear about it. You will have to come and visit me next year. See you soon, you first-grader!
Love, Ms. Durant
Sarah,
ReplyDeleteI have heard of the Ivy and Bean series. I'm happy to hear that you are enjoying them. I can't believe you are a first-grader! Make sure to come and visit me. I'll miss you all!
Love, Ms. Durant